In May and June 2021, DMAN conducted a virtual training for trade show and exhibition operators from East Africa. The interest was huge: 75 participants joined this programme. They represented 25 Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in five countries: Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda.
During 14 seminar days, the participating managers and professionals dealt with a multitude of aspects around the planning, preparation, implementation and follow-up of trade shows and exhibitions. They received useful information and valuable advice, studied real-life examples and best practices, and exchanged their experiences.
Presented by consultants and trade fair professionals from the industry, the chamber of commerce and the federal state government, the programme covered the following topics:
- Trade shows as a business model for business membership organizations
- Best practices: designing, planning and organization of fairs, exhibitions and conferences
- Virtual trade shows as an alternative to face-to-face events
- Evaluation and follow-up for improvement and sustainable success
- Tips for trade fair visitors: preparation, moving around the fair, follow-up
- Tips for trade fair exhibitors:concept and goals, stand, staffing, follow-up
- Trade fair market in Germany and other countries
DMAN organized this online seminar in close cooperation with:
The Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) Hannover.
The federal state of Lower Saxony.